Tuesday 30 June 2015

Micellar Water by Garnier


I'm quite lazy when it comes to certain things. I have pretty decent skin, a few demons on my face on occassion and a small dry spot on my forehead during Winter and that may well clear up now I've left the gale force winds of living by the sea. I don't have a skin routine though I know I should, that's what all the beauty bloggers say anyway. I tried using Lush's celestial moisturiser and their Ultrabland clenser and though they are fantastic products (though Ultrabland smells a bit strange) I just couldn't get into a routine of using them everyday and every night. I blame this on my love affair with sleep and another issue this affair has raised is that I really can't be assed taking my make-up off any time it's on. I'd rather let my eyeliner rot on my face til morning and usually then I've rubbed it all off in my sleep. Even when I could be bothered I used make-up wipes. However, these wrecked my skin, irritated my sensitive eyes and just left me a puffy mess. To be fair, I was using Tesco own brand but I was a student, sue me. 

Anyway, I decided now I'm home and my sleep schedule will be wrecked with work anyway, I might as well try and find a make-up remover that actually doesn't hurt by face. So I hauled myself to Superdrug and saw a sample of Garnier's Micellar Water. I'd heard of micellar water but I had never been bothered to find out what it meant, what it does but I decided I would give it a go because it said it removed make-up. Well I could rave about this for ages and I've already replaced my sample size because its finished. It is the easiest thing to do in the evening to just stick some on a cotton pad and rub it all over my face. I don't wear much make-up so two pads and I'm done and not a scrap of make-up is left on my face. It has officially replaced make-up wipes in my life and most importantly it doesn't hurt my eyes, its so soft and in the numerous times I've accidentally got some in my eyes, it hasn't stung. What is does is give me super soft skin rather than irritation and it even takes off my waterproof mascara which is a feat in itself. Even though when i repurchased it was £5 in Boots it is still a decent price because it boasts up to 200 uses though I can't vouch for that the way I run through it. I think this is a genuinely well-rounded product. I may try new micellar waters in the future but that has given me a good foundation for seeking what I like in them and hopefully you'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment