Tuesday 14 July 2015

Barry M Quick Dry Nail polish

Me and nail polish have a bad relationship. When I was a teenager (hate using the past tense in this) I used to have loads of shades from all brands but it was mostly Barry M and Topshop because apparently I had money to burn. However, since getting my job in care work in 2013 the nail polish wearing has abruptly stopped because it was against the homes policy. However, last week I took the plunge once again because I felt my nails were completely…and Superdrug were offering their nail polishes for buy one get one half price AND if you spend over £6 you get a free gelly shine nail polish so I had to indulge.

First up is this gorgeous grey/pale blue hybrid in the shade Eat My Dust. This was the first colour I picked up because not only is it a great shade to use as a base for nail art but also its just gorgeous and will make my nails stand out. As quick drying, as it promises it lasts for a very long time and in the case of my nails up to a week so long as I’m not too rough. One coat really wasn’t enough for this but the colour is buildable and by three it was very pigmented though I wish I could do it with two. In spite of this I love this shade and I think it’s a good colour for interviews even if it isn’t exactly brightening my outfit up.

The second shade I got was a lilac colour in the shade Lap of Honour. I love lilac on my nails and my clothes, I was even going to dye my hair lilac before I got my job so when I spotted this I had to have it. The same as the pale blue its quick, it lasts a long time and is subtle enough for an interview and will probably be on my nails for a long time.

The freebie I chose was a sky blue colour aptly named Sky Blue. On a normal day I wouldn’t buy a gel nail polish because I hear they wreck people’s nails sometimes but because it was free why not indulge? I haven't tried this yet (work) but i'll keep you posted!
 May my relationship with nail polish flourish again.

No comments:

Post a Comment