Sunday 2 August 2015

Homeware Inspiration


I adore Pinterest. I spend hours scrolling through seeking new inspiration for my outfits, for recipes and so on. However, now that its only 5 weeks until I move (and 4 until I leave work yessss!) I've been browsing the homeware section a lot more. I lust after how I'd design my first apartment from clean white walls adding pops of colour with the furniture. Don't get me wrong I know my first flat isn't going to be a beauty, I'm pretty certain it'll be a dump and a huge step down from the sea views of my uni house. However, its fun to imagine and these photos represent some of the ideals and wants of my flat once I move.



First Pinterest DIY is this. I love colour but I love it against white because you can do so much more and creating a collage of colourful photos is something I'd love to do. I won't know anybody apart from my boyfriend when I move so to have friendly reminders of back home and of my group of friends will be amazing, I just have to attempt to make this first.


This is literally my dream kitchen. I've always wanted a duck egg blue kitchen with bright utensils like it the photo. Of course in my fantasy flat my cooker would be massive but the simplicity of the kitchen above is what I list after when I scroll through Pinterest. I loved my kitchen in 3rd year and spent hours in it because it was a lovely place to be so to adapt something like this to my flat would be heaven. I know it wouldn't be possible but I'll certainly be taking aspects of this and adapting it to my new kitchen.



I can't wait until I get my first bookcase. Seriously I lust after this most of all. I have tons of books, I was an English student it was expected and they're all so pretty and need displayed in a colourful fashion. Something in white is preferable and I'l be able to display all the trinkets I've acquired over the years. I'd have all my pop figurines across the top with framed pictures and mine and my boyfriend's initials. It will be so cute and its high on the priority list to get to Ikea to purchase one. 

I seriously want a wall like this. Maybe in my imaginary study. No I adore this shade of teal and want it as the main colour of my bedroom because its very easy to style. Whether it be the nautical neutrals of this photo or the colours I'd be going for it is perfect. Also I love the wall montage. I'd die if any of them fell in the night but its sch a beautiful wall that if I could emulate that I'd be so happy.



I've always wanted an exposed brick wall. It wold be absolutely freezing but its gorgeous. However, what I took most inspiration from was the dining table and chairs. I love the idea of mismatching chair and revamped table. Its very bohemian and most importantly to me cheap to source rather than buying a brand new table and chairs. Plus it looks amazing when they all sort of suit. This will probably be the second DIY when I get my flat, sourcing a dining set for cheap and vamping it up. I just gotta learn how good I am at shit like this and I don't think I'm that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment