Friday 31 July 2015

Monthly Playlist



Well its nearly the end of July (crazy right?) so here's all the music I've been feeling the last month. Its a bit of a mixed bag but what I listen to usually is.

If I could live in any decade it would be the 80s. The bad hair, the garish outfits, if they weren't a big enough selling point the music just gets me. Especially the northern, southern divide that seemed to exist within England. Down south you had George Michael whereas up in the industrial north experimentation flowed with people like The Human League and God do I love this song. It so weirdly upbeat and wonderful and never gets old. It has aged so well and it was the music I was raised on. Just because the North was industrial didn't mean it didn't create some fun cracking songs and this is one of them.

Since the new Fallout game was announced in June I've jumped back into Fallout New Vegas with a vengeance. And of course one of the best parts of the game are the radio stations. There's nothing like walking through the Mojave listening to Dean Martin and its followed me out of the game and onto my phone. Its great.

Foals <3
If they tour I'm gonna die because I've been waiting to see them for years and they didn't even touch Belfast so when I move if they play I'll die.

Another 80s song. What can I say it was an amazing decade which provided a shitstorm of music and this song is class. Upbeat and fun if this came on in a club I would be all over it.

I love folk and always have and Lucy Rose is one of my newer discoveries. This album is amazing and the titular song is perfect <3

I used to adore Florence and the Machine when I was 15/16. Now that I'm 21 I've lost that but I still think shemakes some good music and is at her best during her quiet songs. Its why I've been listening to St Jude over July rather than something like Ship To Wreck. I just like Florence at her most quiet. 

I love Glitch. Not only are her let's plays of Pokemon awesome but her remixes are even better and this one just gives me shivers. Unlike many I love the Pokemon mystery dungeon games, I think they're clever, I like playing as a pokemon and the storylines are great (roll of December!) and to hear the Hidden Highland theme from Explorers in the Sky and handled so beautifully is amazing.

I first heard Yuna singing a Nirvana cover about 4 or 5 years ago. I loved her and thought her interpretation of Come as you are was amazing. However, I didn't follow her up until about 6 months ago when she was in the charts of The Hype Machine and then I found her latest album and fell in love with this song. 

I recently found a playlist called 'Wall like a Badass' and this is how I found this song. Not how I found Deap Vally, that was years ago but I thought they sounded too much like Karen O for me to like. Oh I was wrong. This song makes me feel incredible and had feel feeling like a cool bitch all of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment