Friday 10 July 2015

My High Waisted ASOS Mon Jeans Dilemma


 






Jeans- Asos
Top- Asos (old)

Leather Jacket- Asos
Bag- Vintage
Necklace- Urban Outfitters (old)
Sunglasses- Vintage

I’m not exactly the skinniest girl. My sizes range from a size 14 to a size 18 and I’m 5ft 11” so finding clothes can be a bit frustrating at times, I’m looking at you Primark and your 'high waist' jeans. However, one idea that I began toying around with is the idea of mom jeans. I like the way they look on people, I like that they aren’t tight around the legs and would be different from my normal skinny jeans. I also liked that they were actual denim and would hug my bum really well. However, the one issue I was most afraid of was that they were high-waisted. What if it showed my tummy? What if all I was left with was a massive bulge? The point of mom jeans was to tuck things into them and pull off an androgynous look, what if it just looked awful? In retrospect, I know I probably needed a good slap for thinking this stuff but I still have a lot of body hang ups I’m trying to rectify and at the time these were enough to put me off.

However, in my trusty ASOS wishlist there sat a pair of blue mom jeans that'd I'd been watching for months. The sale rolls around and I decide to bite the bullet only to find the only sizes left are 26s (this was in the curve section). However, I then spotted a pair of rosebowl mid wash jeans from the normal ASOS collection and decided to give them a go. For £17 it was a bargain and 
 I mean the model looked good why couldn’t I? I got the 18 though I could have went down to a 16 (they were sold out :( ) because there is a bit of room but they do make them more comfortable. They hug me in the right places and though I do have a bit of a bulge from my tummy it isn’t half as bad as I thought it would look. I love them and they give me confidence I didn’t know I had because I just feel really cool in them even when I’m a huge nerd. Paired with my mickey mouse body I found at the back of my wardrobe and my trusty leather jacket they're such an easy thing to style. I'll more than likely buy more high-waisted things in the future because of this experience so yay! 


No comments:

Post a Comment