Tuesday 21 July 2015

The Cheap Camel Coat








Coat- EBay
Dress- Asos (old)
Necklace- Asos
Mug- EBay

Since I turned 21 in April, eBay has been calling to me on a regular basis. I don’t know what it is about it but from the moment I had money (thank you relatives and student loan!) bidding seemed to be one of the greatest things in the world. I had never bid before in my life but all of a sudden, I was winning these great and random things. I didn’t need any of them but God did I want them and one such thing is this camel coat.

 I got it mid April which most people would think was silly because its practically summer. Well, let me tell you this doubters, my student house (R.I.P ) was in Portstewart. Now for those of you who don’t know Northern Irish geography (so 99.9%?) this is at the tip of the North Coast where I could see the sea from my bedroom window. We got more torrential rain and gales than sunny days up until I left at the end of May and this bad boy got me through all of this and then some. I’ll miss my uni town but I will not miss its god forsaken wind.

Anyway, did I mention its price? As I rambled on about the horrendous weather up at uni it was still technically out of  season so I grabbed this vintage, mole hair, beauty for £1.99!! This is possibly my greatest achievement in life, grabbing a £40 coat for £2. My heart flies thinking about it. And it is so easy to wear, to dress up and dress down, it is literally everything I wanted in my search for a camel coat and god is it warm! Though I took these photos last week it was freezing! Albeit it was like 9 o'clock at night but still. It was a good wee night and the girl with green hair is my sister...we really don't look alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment